My name is Elsa Santos and I am a digital artist living in Sydney.
Since 1997 I have been working as a digital artist in the computer games industry first (3 years) and then in film and TV till now.
I was born in Spain and I studied Fine Arts specializing in Painting (faculty of the Arts, Seville). In 1995 thanks to a Scholarship I went to Athens, Greece to continue my studies of Painting and in 1996 I moved to the UK, mostly London where I was working till 2006.
From 2006 till 2008 I was living and working in Singapore as an art director. I am now based in Sydney living with my Australian husband Matthew and my daughter Ella. In 2012 I became an Australian citizen.
As an artist I produce concept work, matte paintings and texture assets using a broad cross section of industry standard tools and techniques. As an Art Director I have managed and trained teams of artists and to contribute and deliver beautiful artwork for a full CG animated feature film, meeting budget and hitting the spot with directors and producers alike.
Coming from a traditional artistic background I am also a practitioner visual artist, having some of my work in private collections in Australia, London and Spain as well as having participated in a number of exhibitions in these places.
For any work related issues please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have more than 20 years working experience in the film and TV industry as a concept artist, matte painter, texture artist and designer in companies like Framestore – cfc in London, UK, Infinite Frameworks in Singapore and Rising Sun pictures and Animal Logic in Australia.
Since 2008 I have been working as a remote freelance digital artist from my office for different companies in Australia like: Alt VFX, Artist in Motion, Iloura, Spinifex, Fuel VFX, Perception Pictures, etc.
Some of the most remarkable projects I have had the opportunity to be part of are:
– The Great Gatsby – Baz Luhrmann’s award winning film. Working directly with Beverley Dunn as a Concept Illustrator in the Set Design Department, Oscar winner for Best Achievement in Production Design.
– The Landing (Perception Pictures, 2013) Award-winning Sci-Fi short film. Working closely with the director, digitally painting the backgrounds and set extensions for the film.
– First Footprints (Animal Logic 2013) TV series. A four part ABC documentary series explores the story of how people arrived and thrived on our continent. Digital painter of landscape environments.
– Australia (Rising Sun, 2008) Baz Luhrmann’s award winning film. Digital Painter and Concept Artist.
–The Spirit, (Rising Pictures, 2008) Frank Miller’s stylized film version of the same graphic novel. She worked as a concept artist.
– Sing to the Dawn (Infinite Frameworks, 2008) animated feature. Art Director. Working closely with the director and leading the Art Department.
– Framestore – CFC. London, UK. (2000-2006) Digital Artist and member of the Art Department. Various films included: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Troy, Prehistoric Park (TV) and Walking with Monsters (TV).
– Surface 3D. UK. Working remotely in various roles and projects, Designer, Concept Artist, Digital Painter and Texture Painter.
–Argonaut Games software. London, UK. 3D Artist. I worked in the game “Carve”as a modeller and texture artist.
– Codemasters Software Ltd. Leamington Spa, UK. 3D Artist. I have worked as an artist in the game Colin McRae Rally2 for PlayStation and PC and in the project Cannon Fodder for PlayStation 2. , developing 3D objects, textures and designing and creating in game track FMVs.
– Of Humans and Nature (solo). The Shop Gallery, Sydney 2018.
– The Greenway Art prize exhibition 2018. Finalist painting prize. Sydney
– Nature (solo). Abercrombie Gallery, Sydney 2018.
– For Art’s Sake. Design Centre, Enmore, Sydney 2017.
– The Greenway Art prize exhibition 2016. Finalist. Sydney.
– Birds + Us (group). Claire Layman Gallery, 4/640 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne. 2016
– Annual Group Exhibition (group). The Shop Gallery, Sydney. 2016.
– The Nature of Things (solo), The Shop Gallery, Sydney. 2015.
– All Women Art Exhibition. Light Space and Time Online Art Gallery. Florida, USA. 2015.
– 40×40 Art Prize exhibition (group). Brunswick Street Gallery, Fitzroy. 2014.
– The Greenway Art prize exhibition 2014 (group), Sydney. Awarded “Highly commended”.
– “The Art of Love”. Arndean Gallery, Cork Street (group), London, UK. 2004.
– Autumn Exhibition (group). Seville, Spain. 1997.
– The Royal Academy of Arts, Autumn Exhibition (group). Sevilla, Spain. 1997.
– “Young Expression” (group). Jerez de la Frontera, Cadiz, Spain. 1996/1997.
– “Young Artist from Jerez” (solo), Cadiz, Spain. 1996.– The Royal Academy of Arts, Autumn Exhibition (group). Seville, Spain.1996.
– “Selected Works for the 1997 poster of the Carnival” (group), Cadiz, Spain. 1996.
– “Young Artists Pro-Bosnia”. Antares Club (group). Sevilla, Spain. 1996.
– V National Drawing Award, (group), Madrid, Spain. 1995.
– The Royal Academy of Arts, Autumn Exhibition (group). Cadiz, Spain. 1995.
– The Royal Academy of Arts, Autumn Exhibition (group). Cadiz, Spain. 1993.
– The Royal Academy of Arts, Autumn Exhibition (group). Seville, Spain. 1992.
– “Terracota” (group). Fine Arts School, Seville, Spain. 1992.
AWARDS AND GRANTS
– Artist in residence, The Demountable, Leichhardt Council, NSW. Australia. January 2015 to January 2016.
– Highly Commended Greenway Art Prize, 2014.
– Winner of the ARTfest-Digital, 2014.– Finalist
– “Selected Works for the 1997 poster of the Carnival”, Cadiz, Spain. 1996.– Finalist
– V National Drawing Award, (group), Madrid, Spain. 1995.
– Highly Commended award to the sculpture “Wounded Deer”, The Royal Academy of Arts. Autumn Exhibition, Seville, Spain, 1992.
– Erasmus Scholarship, University of Seville. The destination was the University of Athens, Greece, 1995.
– Scholarship of the Ministry of Spain, Foreign Office. The destination was Hungary where I made a summer course on Folk Art. 1996.
– First prize to the artwork “Interior”, in the exhibition “Young Expression”. Cadiz, Spain 1996.